Learn to Homebrew Day: November 7th
In 1999, Learn To Homebrew Day was established by the American Homebrewers Association to promote the most rewarding, and delicious activity of all time — homebrewing.
On the first Saturday in November, thousands of people celebrate Learn to Homebrew Day. Homebrewers worldwide brew beer and learn about the hobby of homebrewing.
We are happy to announce that Nocterra Brewing Co. has agreed to host our groups (HOPs, SODZ, DOH) for National Learn To Homebrew Day! This event will be held in the rear lot behind Nocterra, on Saturday, November 7th, starting at 9am!
- Nocterra will provide 10lb base malt + Cali ale yeast pitch to each brewer
- We need to give a count per club of participants, and if they need yeast and/or grain – trying to let them know a week ahead of the event.
- We are hoping to host individuals who are either new to, or interested in learning more about brewing. Try and think about bringing a new or non-brewer who is interested in learning.
- Hot 180-degree water will be available for you at the brewery, so getting to mash temps will be fast!
- Bruce and Bryan will brew as well, and will live stream it on Facebook for those that want to attend remotely